BY University of Reading 8 March 2017
Blackboard provides access to online learning, information and activities. You will also use it to submit your coursework electronically, when required. Check out the Blackboard Introduction Video to help you on your way.
Blackboard Learn is the homepage to your course. You will be able to find:
- module and/or programme content
- general resources to support your learning
- administrative information from your school.
Our Getting Started pages will show you how to:
- how to log-in and navigate around
- what information is available
- when and how you get access to your courses
- Take a look at our Blackboard overview video.
Download the student 'Blackboard App' from your app store to use Blackboard Learn on your smartphone or tablet to:
- keep up to date with announcements and information
- set up the app to send you notifications when something new is added
- view your course content
- post to discussion boards or blogs.
- take the Browser Test and check that your web browser is set up correctly to work with Blackboard. Find the link to check this on the Enrolments tab in Blackboard
- understand how to submit your assignments electronically
- Check out the inbuilt accessibility features of Blackboard.
Each member of staff will use Blackboard in their own way. For specific questions about online course content, contact your lecturer/tutor. For general queries (e.g. enrolment in Blackboard courses) contact your Student Support Centre. For technical issues, visit IT Services or email email@example.com.