Introduction to IT servicesIT Help is available for reporting faults, quick advice, training enquiries and booking and supporting the technology. Details, including links to online notes, can be found on their website.
- Connect to the University Wi-Fi
- Online forms provide a quick way to apply for services.
- Open access PC and Unix workstation facilities are available on-campus.
- Software for use on other computers is available. Some of this software is available to buy, some free at point of use through a University site licence.
- The University also provides options for storing files.
- The University has contracted suppliers for desktop PCs, laptops, Apple computers and peripherals. Please refer to Buying Computer Hardware for details.
If you do not find answers to your questions, or need more detailed advice and support, contact IT Help.
A broadband network connection is available in most hall study bedrooms providing access to the campus network and internet. More details can be found at www.readingconnect.net
Network connections are also available in the Main Library for connecting personal laptops to the campus network as well as wireless zones on campus. See Guest Networks for further details.
- All PC are set up with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet access, network file space and laser printing (using cash top-up stations and prepaid cards).
- Some PC facilities are bookable.
- Some facilities, including the libraries, offer colour printing and scanners.
- Access to some PC facilities is available 24 hours a day using the Campus Card.