BY University of Reading 19 April 2017
- Immigration and international support: if you are coming from overseas, this team can advise you on anything from settling in to immigration.
- Financial support and advice: The place to go to find out about fees, and funding advice. The Student Financial Support team are also responsible to administering some of the many Scholarships and Bursaries available at the University, most commonly the Reading Bursary. Please visit the Student Help desk for more information on the awards you may be entitled to.
The team also offer a drop in service three times a week for students who have questions or problems they would like to discuss regarding their financial situation. Please visit the Student Help desk to find out the drop in times for each term.
- Careers advice: Our services are for all students, all disciplines and all years, including postgraduates and researchers. You can find the Careers on the first floor of the Carrington building and online.
- The Job Shop: Looking for part time work while you study? Come to the Careers Job Shop in the Carrington building and browse our available jobs. We'll help you find part-time or vacation work and help you polish your CV to get that job.
- Disability support: The dedicated disability advisory service within Carrington is on hand to offer support. Other sources of advice come from: your personal tutor, other students, wardens within halls, Junior Common Room (JCR) Welfare Officers, University Security (at any time of day or night), and Student Union Advice Service.
- Counselling and wellbeing: our highly skilled and experienced counsellors and mental health advisers can provide advice, support and guidance on a wide range of issues. We will also be running our Life Tools series of events on topics such as settling in at university, feeling stressed, and keeping cool under pressure. These events are open to all students, and there is no need to book.
- Student Helpdesk: Questions about enrolment, Council Tax certificates, Railcard applications, reference requests, replacement campus cards and Transcripts. The Helpdesk is available throughout the teaching day from 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am-4.30pm on Friday (term time).
Read Student Services' Statement of Services