#NeverOK is a joint campaign by the University of Reading and Reading University Students' Union (RUSU).
Together we are committed to ensuring an inclusive, supportive and respectful environment for all, as set out in our Student Charter, and believe that any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination is #NeverOk.
Our Harassment and Bullying Policy applies to all students, staff and contractors, and outlines the many possible forms that harassment and bullying can take.
We do not tolerate:
- Abuse – emotional or physical behaviour which intentionally harms or injures another person, often to gain control over them.
- Anti-social behaviour – acts which cause harm, distress or discomfort to an individual, a group, a community, or an environment.
- Bullying – offensive, intimidating, or malicious behaviour which can be physical, verbal and non-verbal (e.g. via text or social media).
- Discrimination – when an individual or a group of people are treated less favourably based on a characteristic such as age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Harassment– unwanted behaviour that is offensive or makes someone feel distressed, degraded or intimidated.
- Hate crime – crime which is motivated by prejudice based on race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or transgender identity.
- Racism – the belief that someone is inferior because their colour, ethnicity, nationality or race, leading to discrimination.
- Sexual harassment – unwelcome behaviour of a sexual nature which could include sexual comments or jokes, touching or sexual advances without consent, and sexual assault.
- Violence - behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill a person or animal.
These behaviours are #NeverOk. If you experience or witness any of these behaviours, we urge you to report this to the University, RUSU and/or the Police.