Career Smart is our brand new online course that has been designed to support students entering their final year. You’ll learn more about the graduate recruitment process, how to get started and what actions you’ll need to take in order to secure a great graduate role.
Hosted on the FutureLearn platform, this course will be exclusively available to University of Reading students graduating in summer 2020 and will rerun in the autumn term, having received excellent feedback from those students who completed the course over the summer.
Career Smart is set to relaunch in the week commencing Monday 14 October and there will be four weeks of content (approx. 2-3 hours each week) that you will be able to complete at your own pace and in your own time. As well as interacting with other students who are in their final year, you will hear from experts in the careers service, recent alumni and a wide range of graduate employers.
During this course, you will:
- Understand how the recruitment cycle works for graduates
- Hear about the differences between graduate schemes and direct entry roles
- Receive top tips from recruiters about what they are looking for
- Discover the best way to find graduate jobs and how to research companies and industries
- Find out how to demonstrate your skills, knowledge and experience for applications
- Learn the foundations of writing a good CV, cover letter and how to prepare for interview
We appreciate that your final year is likely to be busy, so this course will offer you a great opportunity to get ahead! Places are limited, so use the link below to register your interest and secure a place today.