What is THRIVE?
Thrive is a career mentoring scheme for those of you who are in the penultimate-study-year of your undergraduate degree. Getting involved provides you with a year of collaboration with a successful professional. Working with our mentors will enable you to create an environment where you can test out your aspirations and talk through any ideas you have about graduate life.
Participating in THRIVE will provide you with the opportunity to broaden your understanding of the type of professional you would like to become and realise what attributes you hold which set you apart from other graduates in the labour market. We want you to feel confident and prepared when embarking on graduate life and our mentors are available to offer honest insights which make that possible.
What can you achieve through the scheme?
What is achievable through the scheme is largely in your hands. Now is the time to be proactive, to ask the questions you want answered and have a taste of what is to come. Some of the things that are possible through the scheme include:
- Boosted career motivation and confidence
- Expansion of your professional network, networking and interpersonal skills
- Development of your written and verbal communication
- Creation of a greater sense of pro-activity
- Tangible experiences such as workplace visits, shadowing, interview experience, placements and even a graduate job