If you’re planning to undertake a Professional Placement Year, or a shorter credit-bearing placement, our Placement Coordinators are here to help you every step of the way.
From summer 2017, most of our Placement Coordinators will be located in one of the new Teaching and Learning Support Centres.
We provide support for all aspects of credit-bearing placements, including:
- First point of contact for all placement questions/information relating to your course
- Placement training and individual support and advice
- Liaising with your placement provider, organising necessary legal and regulatory administration, insurance and health and safety assurance
- Support you whilst you are on placement
- Support your transition back to university life when you return for your final year
Placement Coordinators also work with your Placement Tutor and Placement Module Convenor to organise regular training sessions, advice drop-ins, appointments and placement clinics which will be communicated to you either by email, Blackboard, your timetable or Me@Reading.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your dedicated Placement Coordinator by email, telephone or by visiting the Support Centre they are based in - full details here.
Non-credit bearing internships
Credit-bearing or not, we really want you to get work experience during your time at university! It increases your employability, helps you decide what you might want to do after graduation and allows you to explore organisations or jobs you have always been curious about.
Dedicated advice and one-to-one support for non-credit bearing internships and work experience is available from our team for Careers Consultants in the Careers Centre, Carrington Building. CV advice can be found here.