Reading Internship Scheme
If you’re looking for paid, professional work experience and the chance to use the skills you’re developing during your studies in the workplace over the summer, then the Reading Internship Scheme is for you.
The scheme works to source paid, professional work experience opportunities that can otherwise be difficult to find. The Employer Team, within our Careers Centre, source internships exclusively for University of Reading Students with Small to Medium sized Employers (SMEs) across the Thames Valley and London area.
- The scheme offers paid summer internships lasting for 6-8 weeks, all internships on the scheme are available exclusively for UoR students.
Interns are paid £300 per week
- Opportunities are with Small to Medium sized Employers (SMEs) in the Thames Valley and London area, giving you more exposure to the organisation and the chance to really be a part of the team
- Up to 100 internships will be available across a wide range of sectors for summer 2019
- If you find your own 6-8 week internship for the summer that’s unpaid, you might be able to get some funding for this through the scheme – please email the address below for more information
Who – eligibility
The scheme is open to all undergraduate students that are permitted to work full time during the summer vacation period. If you are an international student, you can check your rights to work with our International Student Advisory Team on 0118 378 8038.
- All internships take place over the summer months (June – September)
- Internships will be advertised on MyJobsOnline from early March 2019, with deadlines up until the end of June 2019
Register Interest and receive weekly email updates on the latest Internships. Updates will commence from February onwards.
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into Careers on the first floor of the Carrington Building.