If you’re looking for paid, professional work experience and the chance to use the skills you’re developing during your studies in the workplace over the summer, then the Reading Internship Scheme is for you.
View the latest Internship roles live on MyJobsOnline >
The scheme works to source paid, professional work experience opportunities that can otherwise be difficult to find. The Employer Engagement Team, within our Careers Centre, source internships exclusively for University of Reading students with Small to Medium sized Employers (SMEs) across the Thames Valley, London and beyond!
What is the Reading Internship Scheme?
- The scheme offers paid summer internships lasting for 4-8 weeks. All internships on the scheme are available exclusively for University of Reading students. Interns are paid £300 per week.
- Internship opportunities are with regional businesses and charities, giving you more exposure to the organisation and the chance to really be a part of the team.
- Internships are available across a wide range of sectors. Check out the live opportunities on My Jobs Online. You can also register interest to receive weekly email updates on the latest Internships.
- If you find your own 4-8 week internship that’s unpaid, you might be able to get some funding for this through the scheme email Holly for more details.
Who can take part?
Reading Internships Scheme is open to all undergraduate students that are permitted to work full time during the summer vacation period.
If you are an international student, you can check your rights to work with our International Student Advisory Team on 0118 378 8038 or via email@example.com. Please note funding is limited to one internship per student per academic year.
When and where?
- Internships run from April – September across the Thames Valley, London and beyond.
- All internships are advertised on MyJobsOnline under the ‘Reading Internship Scheme’ tab.
What do I need to do now?
We invite you to register interest to receive weekly email updates on the latest Internships. These can also be found on MyJobsOnline under the ‘Reading Internship Scheme’ tab. If you have any queries, please email Holly Forsyth or pop into the Careers Centre on the first floor of the Carrington Building.