To fulfill the Core Activity section of the RED Award you must complete 35 hours of any combinations of the following:
- Paid work
- Work Experience/Work Shadowing
- Insight Days
- Additional Volunteering
You may also already have a part-time job and this can be counted towards your Core Activity hours (as long as you were registered as a University of Reading student when completing this).
If you are an undergraduate in your first year, you may also wish to consider an Insight Day/Programme. These tend to take place during the Easter break (with deadlines well before then!) and will give you the opportunity to gain an insight into a company and the work it does.
You can look for part-time work to complement your studies and Careers can check your CV, Covering Letter, Application Form and even provide support on creating a professional LinkedIn profile to put you in the very best position when applying.
If you are looking for Core Activity hours, the following options may be of interest:
- Get paid to work on campus with Campus Jobs
- Discover a range of employment opportunities on MyJobsOnline
- Start your Internship search
- Complete a research internship on campus with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme
- Complete a professional work internship with the Reading Internship Scheme