Reading Internship Scheme
BY Careers 7 August 2017
If you’re looking for professional work experience and the chance to use the skills you’re developing in your studies in the workplace while earning some extra cash over the Summer, why not consider an internship with the Reading Internship Scheme?
The scheme works to source professional work experience opportunities that can otherwise be difficult to find. The Careers team seek out internships exclusively for University of Reading Students with charities, museums and cultural organisations, and small-to-medium sized businesses locally to Reading, and in London.
Applications are closed for 2017 but we’re running again in 2018 and you can register for updates.
About the programme:
- We work with employers to identify a project and build a job description that gives you project-based, good quality experience and the opportunity to make a real difference to an organisation. It’s a real chance to shine - internships often result in further employment opportunities with an organisation
- The internships are exclusively for University of Reading students - giving you a
- Applications open in Spring 2018
- Internships last 6-12 weeks and are with charities and small-to-medium businesses in and around Reading, with some opportunities in London and the wider area.
- Internships are competitively paid: basic salary for 2017 was £8.60 per hour or £301 per week.
- Most roles require a CV and cover letter, smarten yours up with our self-help resources and get it check over by one of our team - book your appointment today via MyJobsOnline
- There will be workshops before and after your internship takes place to help you to make the most of your experience.
The next scheme will run in Summer 2018.
Looking for something sooner? Head to MyJobsOnline and search all opportunities now.