To make your time in the UK happy and productive, we want to make sure you have access to support, advice and useful contacts.
The International Student Advisory team offers information and advice for all international and EU students, providing professional and confidential support on:
- helping you (and your family if applicable) settle in the UK when you arrive
- understanding the UK culture and developing integration skills
- providing information about the local area and places of interest
- general advice and signposting to what is available at the University to enable you to make the most of your time here
We also aim to run events to support students during and outside term time, these will vary throughout the year. Make sure you follow us to stay informed of upcoming events and useful information.
Follow us on Twitter: @UniRdg_IntStu
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/UniRdgIntStu
Visa and immigration advice
The University offers a telephone and email advice service for international students in addition to appointments during term time. We can help you with:
- visa advice and applications
- meeting Tier 4 visa application requirements
- updates on immigration rule changes
- information on working during and after your studies
- understanding your visa conditions
- EU settlement scheme
For details on booking an appointment to see one of our International Student Advisers using the RISIS Portal please visit our "Appointments" webpage.
Make sure you read and understand the University of Reading’s Institutional Compliance Policy.
By working together we try to avoid or resolve visa-related problems, which can have very serious consequences and may affect whether you can remain in the UK. This document provides information on study expectations, visa extensions, employment, police registration, attendance monitoring and periods of absence.
We recommend that you sign up to the UKCISA student newsletter by visiting their website. UKCISA is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.