Things to Do
Find out what you can do to prepare:
1. Arrange funding - You will need to make arrangements to pay your fees and start to plan your finances.
2. Book your accommodation - It's important to find a place to live before you arrive in Reading.
3. Complete our Study Smart online course - Study Smart will help you understand the academic expectations so you can launch into studying here with confidence.
4. Get enrolled on your course - You can begin your enrolment at the University of Reading online.
5. Register with a local GP and consider a meningitis vaccination - Registering with a GP (General Practitioner) will give you access to a doctor while you're here and remember that first-year students (up to the age of 25) are eligible to have the Men ACWY vaccine.
6. Think about what to pack - We’ve put together a list of things that we recommend you bring to University.
7. Talk to your STaR mentor - Your STaR mentor will contact you via email to help you prepare for joining us.
8. Complete your e-induction - In order to prepare for your time at university you must complete a short e-induction: Log in to the RISISweb Portal, click on "My Accommodation", click on "Manage your hall arrival or departure", select "e-induction".
Once you have completed e-induction you will be invited to book a time to arrive in hall (if your are living in university accommodation). Arrival slots are offered on a first come, first served basis. We recommend you book early as the most popular arrival slots will fill up quickly.
Postdoctoral research student? Visit the Graduate School pages for more joining information.