Where to eat and drink
Cafes and restaurantsOur campuses are filled with great places to eat, and you can find a wide variety of food from stir fries to pub lunches:
- Dolche Vita: located in the Palmer building at the centre of the Whiteknights campus. It is a fully licensed modern espresso bar offering speciality coffees and a range of sandwiches and snacks, as well as a large patio area.
- The Dairy, London Road: a modern food court, popular bar and restaurant is open to all and features a wide range of alcoholic and soft drinks, snacks and a full restaurant menu. The venue boasts five screens with Sky and BT Sports, two full-sized pool tables, a darts board, table football, a pinball machine, two up-to-date quiz machines and an internet jukebox. It also offers takeaway options, a full coffee bar, outside seating and free Wi-Fi – all a short walk away from Reading town centre, university accommodation and regular bus routes.
- Eat at the Square: modern food court located in the centre of the Whiteknights campus offering freshly prepared hot and cold meals from the three servery counters. There's also a patio area and a new coffee shop area serving barista-made beverages and snacks.
- Park House: located at the very heart of the beautiful Whiteknights Campus, between Eat at the Square and the Students' Union building in one of the stunning historic houses of the former Whiteknights Park estate. Park House has the feel of a quintessential English country pub, due to the period nature of the building with an extensive bar menu of pub classics such as steak, battered fish and traditional pies. They serve a fantastic range of quality wines and real ales to suit as well as also specialising in malt whisky and gins.
- Blandford's & Fine Dining: an a la carte restaurant situated within Park House open to staff and members and the public.
More places to eat and drinkWherever you are on campus, there is sure to be somewhere near by to grab a coffee and something to eat:
- Eat at Agriculture
- Eat at Enterprise
- Eat at Edith Morley (Humss)
- Eat at Northcourt
- Eat at SportsPark
- Eat at Wantage
- Henley Business School Cafe
- Park Eat
- ICMA café
- Cafe Libro
Bars and late night drinksAs well as our range of restaurants, cafes and the award winning Students' Union, there are plenty of bars where you can get a drink and something to eat:
- Park Bar Modern student bar at the centre of the Park Group Halls of Residence.
- Ice House Lounge, Screen and Bar at Wessex. Complete with its own cinema!
- Wantage Bar Two pool tables, darts and a foosball table and events throughout the year.
- Park House Bar The feel of an English Country Pub with a large outdoor seating area.
- Northcourt Bar A modern bar with a large range of lagers, wines and spirits for you to enjoy.
RUSU venuesRUSU also runs four venues offering food and drink outlets, including the largest nightclub in Reading!
- Mojo's Bar is the largest bar on Whiteknights campus and serves a wide selection of pub-style food and drink. It's open six days a week and is a great place to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. It's also the venue for comedy nights and Thursday's Quiz & Karaoke evening. During the summer months you can take advantage of Mojo's huge outside patio, and enjoy a cold drink whilst watching the ducks and the geese on Whiteknights Lake.
- Cafe Mondial is the place to get your Starbucks fix, relax with friends, have some lunch or take advantage of free Wi-Fi. It also serves breakfast from Monday to Friday.
- Café Monterey offers bright comfy furniture, a chilled atmosphere and its meadow view, Café Monterey is an ideal spot to pick up a Starbucks mid-morning, or kick back during your lunch break and grab a panini with friends
- 3Sixty is one of the best Student Union venues in the country and is certainly the largest nightclub in Reading. With a capacity of over 2000, 3sixty hosts a wide variety of events day and night and to suit all tastes. The lively venue has hosted conferences, comedians, club nights and live bands. Pendulum, Zane Lowe, Scott Mills, Wretch 32, Tinie Tempah, Chipmunk, Professor Green and Greg James have all performed on stage here.