Please note that if you would like to organise support for the autumn term, registrations will open on 1 September 2019.
If you would like to receive support through the summer, you can register online now.
If you have not used the Counselling service before, you will need to register online before we can offer you an appointment.
How to register:
- Click here and log in with your University email and password to start online registration.
- Fill out the details required for the online form. This includes personal information such as your name, DOB, student number and contact details, as well as information on how you are feeling.
Once you have registered online, a member of the Counselling and Wellbeing team will contact you via your University of Reading email address or phone to arrange a preliminary appointment to determine your needs. This will usually be within 2-3 working days of completing online registration.
In an emergency
Please note that the University’s Counselling service is not an emergency service and only operates Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
If you require emergency or urgent help, please contact one of the following:
- Your GP
- NHS emergency number: 999 (in an emergency) or 111 (for urgent out of hours advice)
- NHS Mental Health Crisis Team Berkshire: 0300 365 0300 (available 24/7)
- Samaritans: 116 123 (available 24/7)
- Papyrus (suicide prevention charity): 07786 209697