We have an increased demand on our service currently, and as a result waiting times are longer than our usual provision. We understand that this may be a stressful period, so please use the below links before registering with the service.
Heath and Wellbeing resources during the Covid-19 outbreak can be found here and here.
If you have not used the Counselling service before, you will need to register online before we can offer you an appointment.
How to register:
- Click here and log in with your University email and password to start online registration.
- Fill out the details required for the online form. This includes personal information such as your name, DOB, student number and contact details, as well as information on how you are feeling.
Once you have registered online, a member of the Counselling and Wellbeing team will contact you via your University of Reading email address or phone to arrange a preliminary appointment to determine your needs. This will usually be within 5 working days of completing online registration.
In an emergency
Please note that the University’s Counselling service is not an emergency service and only operates Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00.
If you require emergency or urgent help, please contact one of the following:
- Your GP
- NHS emergency number: 999 (in an emergency) or 111 (for urgent out of hours advice)
- NHS Mental Health Crisis Team Berkshire: 0300 365 0300 (available 24/7)
- Samaritans: 116 123 (available 24/7)
- Papyrus (suicide prevention charity): 07786 209697