The Support Centres are your first port of call for all questions, help or advice throughout your time at the University, providing you with the support you need to be successful in your studies and beyond.
The Centres are staffed by Student Support Coordinators who are able to advise you or point you in the right direction for a range of academic and non-academic issues, including:
- Module and programme advice
- Timetable queries
- Coursework and exams queries
- Extenuating circumstances
- Financial support (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Disability assistance
- Placements (you will be directed to a Placement Coordinator)
- Welfare and wellbeing (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Transfers, suspensions and withdrawals
- Academic Engagement
- Appeals and complaints
- Academic study support
Support Centre locations
There are five Support Centres located across the Whiteknights and London Road campuses:
- Edith Morley, building foyer - supports School of the Built Environment (SBE), School of Humanities (HUMS), School of Politics, Economics and International Relations (SPEIR), and School of Literature and Languages (SLL)
- JJ Thomson, building foyer – supports School of Mathematical, Physical and Computational Sciences (SMPCS), School of Biological Sciences (SBS), School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy (SCFP), and School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Sciences (SAGES)
- Earley Gate, Agriculture building foyer – supports School of Agriculture, Policy and Development (SAPD), School of Art and Communication Design (SACD), and School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences (SPCLS)
- London Road, building 16 – supports Institute of Education (IoE) and School of Built Environment (Architecture)
- Foxhill House, building foyer – supports School of Law
- Henley Business School building helpdesk and ICMA building helpdesk - If you're a Henley Business School student, please visit your helpdesk.
You can use our campus maps to help you find the building you need.
Each Support Centre is assigned to support a number of Schools, however you can visit any of the five locations for assistance depending on which is most convenient for you. If it’s not convenient to go into one of the Centres, you can also call your Student Support Coordinator or log on to RISIS and click on 'Ask a Question'.
The Centres have been purpose-built to handle student enquiries and offer confidential breakout spaces should you wish to speak to someone privately.
Pre-sessional English or International Foundation Programme students
Please visit the ISLI Admin Office (room 224 in the Edith Morley building) for any support or queries.
Postgraduate research students
Support for postgraduate research students is provided by the Graduate School.
Student Support Coordinators
When you visit the Support Centres, Student Support Coordinators will be ready and waiting to assist you at the front desk. These are members of staff who are trained to deal with student enquiries and who have previously worked in School offices to support you and your School.
Each School has a dedicated Student Support Coordinator who you should refer to about any School or course-specific issues. Click here to see who your Student Support Coordinator is and where to find them.
The service provided by the Support Centres is offered in addition to support given by academic members of staff, your Academic Tutor and the Student Services teams based in the Carrington building.